Restore or Reinstate a License

Restore / Reinstate a License that Expired Within the Last Two(2) Years

If your license expired within the last two years, and you will restore / reinstate it.  You do not have the option of simply applying for a new license.  A "restoration" includes completing any unpaid renewal fees, providing evidence of the appropriate continuing education units (CEUs), and completing an updated background check report.

To begin this process please contact the office at 775-688-2555.

    License that Expired Over Two (2) Years Ago

    If your license expired over two(2) years ago, you will need to completely reapply for a new license.  The initial application for licensure is under "new applicants" on the website.  In addition to completing your application you will also need to contact the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) and request an "exam score transfer" be sent to the board.  This verification will allow you not to have to retest.

      Restore or Reinstate License Under Disciplinary Order or Consent Decree

      If you wish to restore/reinstate a license that has under a disciplinary order or consent decree, you must contact the board office for an application.